The Senior Designer position within either Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production Systems (Subsea Trees)shall be responsible for design concepts and engineering drawings, models, and documents creation. Must have a thorough understanding of design fundamentals and manufacturing processes, and familiarity with offshore drilling/production equipment and operations. Shallwork directly with engineers, shop technicians, third party vendor representatives, and other staff as needed. Previous design experience with the relevant subseaequipment is required.
The position reports to the applicable Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production SystemEngineering Manager.
Key Position Requirements
- Be proficient in SolidWorks software. 4+ years of SolidWorks experience is preferred.SolidWorks Certification is a plus. Candidates with extensive relevant experience in similar 3D packages will be considered.
- Responsible for creation/processing of engineering documentation such as: technical specifications, design layouts/3D models, system stack-ups, tolerance studies, scope of supply drawings, assembly and test procedures, technical data sheets, etc. for new and existing product designs.
- Participation in engineering design reviews and supporting other technical activities
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design and support the development of offshore running procedures.
- Ability to perform basic strength and sizing calculations, material selection, and other basic engineering tasks is highly desirable.
- Create design concepts and solutions that fulfill project/customer/standards requirements.
- Be able to coordinate activities, clearly communicate, and provide support for various departments within the organization. This may include support to proposals, sales, technical support, manufacturing, aftermarket, R&D, and other areas.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Capable of integrating and working into team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Assist and mentor less experienced designers.
- Proficient in MS Office software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail).
- Engineering Associate Degree, or equivalent National Certificate.
- SolidWorks Software Experience is a Strong Preference
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in thedesign of engineered offshore subsea equipment,preferably at an oilfield equipment manufacturing / service company.
- Hands on experience with design concepts, drawings, 3D models, and other engineering documentation.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!