The business development manager (BDM) will lead the strategic development and execution of sales strategies and enhance brand presence for our product and system solutions. The BDM possesses strategic vision and the ability to execute against that vision.
The BDM shall have a strong understanding of oil and gas operator contracting strategies and vendor approval process. The BDM works with internal teams to identify, penetrate and close target opportunities and accounts. The BDM shall have demonstrable understanding of the offshore drilling and production equipment market, especially related to subsea drilling, downhole tools, subsea production systems, and various riser systems (marine, top tension, completion).
The BDM shall display the highest integrity always, is fully capable with all internal and external communications, and exhibits strong sales funnel management, forecasting, and attainment of booking targets.
Relevant experience for the BDM includes: team leadership, hunting/lead generation/prospecting, solution-based selling, identification of target customers, complex multi-year contracts, and working with sales cycles with varying durations.
- Responsible for overall accountability for business growth within assigned leads, opportunities, target accounts, and geographic areas
- Spearhead sales pursuits all the way to client wins, ensuring smooth transition to account management and project management teams
- Deliver market beating technology and commercial solutions, services and portfolios
- Sell through pricing compression and maintain high margins on new sales while navigating around sales barriers of entry
- Be aware of the competitive landscape, market pricing and competitive strategies.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and listening skills
- Engage internal stakeholders to help create market beating customer solutions
- Possess strong technical acumen and in-depth understanding of Subsea products, equipment, and services.
- Present and explain Subsea products and value proposition relative to competitor products.
- Manage long term relationships with customers, prospects, and market contacts.
Strategic Sales Planning
- Develop and manage a sales strategy for a geographic region including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management
- Leverage and conduct market research and other market insight to prepare tailored capture plans for targeted markets and opportunities
- Formulate and execute growth strategies, within accounts, markets, and product segments.
- Account planning, booking forecasts and opportunity management
- Prospect new opportunities via established relationships, channel partners, marketing generated and general networking
- Participate in trade shows and local area networking events
- Strong skills in prospecting, replacing an incumbent vendor, and protecting one’s turf.
- Network with other partners to augment sales (SURF contractors, creative financing, etc.)
- Skilled at building strategic alliances and partnerships
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business Administration, degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas drilling and production technology
- Minimum 10 years proven success in solution-based selling, preferably related to complex oil & gas equipment solutions
- Consistent top performer
- Proficient with MS Office applications
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!