The Senior Buyer will be responsible and accountable for the following objectives
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures for execution of their daily tasks, inclusive of all aspects related to compliance and adherence to all laws of countries in which we operate.
- Ensure that creation of POs is done in a timely manner (24 hours or less to convert requisitions) and that past due backlog does not originate due to poor response time.
- Act in accordance with their relevant category strategies, and that any and all contracts are adhered to without exception, unless specific approval is requested for mitigating circumstances. Senior buyers will be expected to work in close contact with Category Managers to help understand and where possible collaborate on the development of these strategies.
- If there is no contract or defined strategy covering a product or service for which there is demand, then the Senior Buyer will find the lowest cost supplier with the best lead time as required by business operations while maintaining adherence to compliance requirements.
- Managing their open orders to ensure on time delivery, including mitigating late deliveries with suppliers when the suppliers are the cause of any delay.
- Managing the delivery dates for all open orders in the system (Epicor), thus allowing the business to plan throughput accordingly to ultimately meet customer expectations.
- Exhibit professional behavior towards both internal stakeholders and customers (projects, manufacturing / operations) and the supply base.
- Senior Buyers may be also asked to participate in project review meetings to provide specific updates to internal stakeholders regarding open POs related to these projects.
- Senior Buyer may be responsible to buy certain product families on behalf of multiple locations across the globe, this requires strong communication and management skills.
Education and Responsibilities:
- 4 year degree preferred, but will consider candidates with relevant equivalent experience
- CPM / CPMS / MCIPS are all preferred but not required
- 5 + years of relevant buying and negotiating experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage both vendors and internal customers
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills, as global communication with colleagues and internal stakeholders will be required
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!