Under the direction of the General Manager, the Quality Control Manager is responsible for the oversight of quality control in accordance with customer, industry and regulatory requirements and specifications. Direct reports include QC Inspectors, QC Supervisors, Met Lab Supervisor.
- Develop, implement, and enforce quality procedures designed to ensure that quality flaws in design, materials and workmanship have been identified and corrected before products are released for shipment.
- Implement quality policies and procedures, inspection plans, and complete inspection forms to assure quality requirements of the customer and company are met.
- Direct the quality control activities required for the manufacture of equipment in accordance with the company’s ISO 9001:2015, API Q1/Q2 and DQ Quality Management System (QMS).
- Track key performance indicators, Identify deficiencies, and work with personnel to improve performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for overseeing the Mechanical Test Lab and Maintain ISO 17025 certification for tensile, Rockwell hardness, Charpy impact, and CTOD testing.
- Manage the calibration system for recertification of company and individual employee inspection tools and gauges
- Schedule workflow through Quality control and per internal scheduling system.
- Develop and maintain training program with qualification and certification records of all personnel
- Increase area capabilities and capacities in an economical manner
- Implement Lean / 5S in QC areas, while equipping and involving personnel during projects.
- Prepare reports and other work documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understands and utilizes safe work practices, ensuring strict adherence to industrial safety and health guidelines.
- Support APQP initiatives as required
- Manage all day to day activities of the QC group
- Review inspection data; manage and resolve all non-conforming reports. Advise all affected department managers, including Quality Assurance, of actions required to prevent the problem from occurring in the future.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!