This is an opportunity for a Value Stream Manager (VSM)/Business Unit Manager to join our growing team. The VSM will ensures customer satisfaction by leading a cross functional team to execute the Annual Operating Plan for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, and Growth of the Down Hole tools business and associates. The role is accountable for the long-term financial performance of the Value Stream by ensuring alignment to business needs and growth, establishing future state strategic vision, and developing and executing continuous improvement road maps. The role will meet expected service levels at an optimized inventory investment of finish goods manufactured or procured globally.
- Lead and support the development of a named list of ‘Tier A’ accounts (Shell, Conoco, Saudi Armaco, etc.)
- Coordinate all Down Hole Tool service activities for the accounts (e.g. sales activity, marketing programs, executive forums, alliances, partnerships, delivery and manufacturing of on-going contracts and client satisfaction surveys)
- Leverage significant influencing skills to ensure a consistent Down Hole tool “Center of Excellence (COE)” approach to customer service, sales and delivery
- Work closely with other functions of the business such as Order Management, Supply Chain, Scheduling, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Program Management, and adjacent Business Unit leaders; Provide guidance and direction for the individuals from these functions assigned to support the value stream
- Work to defined KPI’s Bowlers, host periodic reviews with internal teams and other stakeholders, drive usage of the Company CRM system, maintain planning tools and adhere to the Operating Procedures
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, assist in preparation of forecast data/statistical forecast models & Plan-For-Every-Part (PFEP) and evaluate forecast results.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs. Consistently looks for inventory optimization opportunities and executes on them.
- Identifies and pursue new business from brand new prospects of own making as well as from internal databases of non-using / low using and lapsed clients
- Identifies and develop relationship with industry stakeholders, influencers and other parts of the Company
- Participate in budget preparation and long-range capital planning
- Owns, develop, and drive the continuous improvement roadmap and implementation plan to achieve operational objectives and future state vision. Prepares and leads executive and customer meetings and presentations, ensuring communication of challenges, bottlenecks and potential risks to Customer Service
- Determines needs of customers and implement procedures and new “Ways-of-Working” to ensure that they receive premium customer service and increased customer satisfaction
- Builds short-term and long-term growth and engagement plans for the strategic accounts using developed account planning processes
- Keeps abreast of the account’s industry and business challenges, and leverage this knowledge to focus on direct sales activities
- Leverages existing engagements to spawn new business that results in on-going profitable revenue growth for the Company
- Builds and maintain a working knowledge of Down Hole Tools service offerings; participate in training/coaching opportunities
- Inspire others to take ownership of business needs, reach their full potential, and become leaders
- Ensure compliance with all policies including but not limited to terms and conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance
- 10+ years of experience directly supporting operations either in Production Control, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management or Supervision; 3+ years of Value Stream Management and Operational Excellence Transformational experience; Experience mentoring associates for personal and career growth
- Highly organized with excellent analytical problem solving and facilitation skills along with keen attention to detail and strong written & verbal communication
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods; Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
- Robust lean manufacturing application experiences in intense machining environments (i.e., Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, 3P, Set-Up Reduction, Materials Management/Kanban, Design of Experiments (DOE))
- Adaptable and flexible in approach with previous experience mentoring formal change management programs and architectures across operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of Epicor 10 is highly desirable.
- Ability to support the training of others to a high technical standard and familiarity with a wide range of supporting software tools, highly IT literate
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively to drive positive outcomes with a strong ability to influence change at senior regional and global management level
- Ability to shape 3-5 year End-to-End (E2E) Product Strategy Roadmap through cross-functional collaboration
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and spirit with strong ability to navigate through ambiguity and communicate (both written and oral) complex ideas and concepts
- Strong ability to distil insights from data from multiple sources and strong financial acumen with ability formulate and communicate business cases and justifications with financial lens
- Previous leadership in managing global cross-functional teams through influence vs. direct control is preferred in global and matrixed organizations
- Formal degree in an appropriate scientific/business discipline. MBA preferred
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!