The Designer II position within either Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production Systems (Subsea Trees) shall be responsible for design concepts and engineering drawings, models, and documents creation. Must be familiar with design fundamentals and manufacturing processes in addition to offshore drilling/production equipment and operations. Shall work directly with engineers. Previous design experience with the relevant subsea equipment is preferred.
The position reports to the applicable Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production System Engineering Manager.
Key Position Requirements
- Be proficient in SolidWorks software. 2+ years of SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- SolidWorks Certification is a plus. Candidates with relevant experience in similar 3D packages will be considered.
- Responsible for creation/processing of engineering documentation such as: design layouts/3D models, system stack-ups, scope of supply drawings, etc. for new and existing product designs.
- Participation in engineering design reviews and supporting other technical activities
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design.
- Ability to perform basic strength and sizing calculations, material selection, and other basic engineering tasks is desirable.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with relevant Engineering personnel.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Capable of integrating and working into team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Proficient in MS Office software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail).
- Engineering Associate Degree, or equivalent National Certificate.
- SolidWorks Software Experience is a Strong Preference
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the design of engineered offshore subsea equipment, preferably at an oilfield equipment manufacturing / service company.
- Hands on experience with design concepts, drawings, 3D models, and other engineering documentation.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!