The Business Development Manager (BDM) position is an exciting opportunity for a civil/structural engineer. The successful BDM will use their technical expertise to influence private engineers, owners, public agencies and contractors to promote company products.
- Initiate and manage value engineering proposals in close collaboration with project engineer and customers
- Develop new construction applications using company products
- Technical sales support
- Review plans and specifications and generate material takeoffs.
- Present at lunch and learns for engineering firms, public agencies and contractors
- Investigate jobsite claims and complaints related to products. Work with the relevant parties to resolve such issues quickly
- Continuously educate customers and local sales team on new and existing product information
- Collect, interpret and report information on competitor’s products, activity and technical support
- Maintain a thorough technical understanding of the design, manufacturing and distribution of the products
- Understand the basic construction process from concept to project completion, allowing the candidate to see the best possible avenue for saving customers and clients time and money
- Travel at least 30% of the time
- BS in Civil Engineering (P.E and structural or geotechnical background is a plus)
- Design Experience
- 5+ years experience
- Working knowledge and use of AutoCad
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!