The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing Projects undertaken by company and will be the single point of contact between Company and the customer. The Senior Project Manager will manage projects of considerable financial value, technical complexity or where specific customer relationships are important. In conjunction with Project team members the Senior Project Manager will plan, organize and execute the required contractual scope of work. Provide effective direction internally to project team members and other company departments and externally to suppliers and third party companies in support of the project execution. Manage and co-ordinate all activities of the Project and provide necessary reports on progress and contract performance to company management and the customer with respect to safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- Manage the project effectively to deliver on internal and customer specific requirements as defined by internal policies and procedures and customer contractual requirements.
- Mentor and develop project team members to become an effective resource for the Project Management function within the company.
- Execute the Project in a safe, efficient and timely manner in accordance with the contract and specifications.
- Interface with other company departments for buy in to project requirements.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Project Controls Group, the Contract Master Schedule (CMS) and convey the schedule requirements to the applicable departments for their review and acceptance.
- Ensure adequate resources and competency of personnel in conjunction with departmental managers to support project objectives in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Maintain compliance with the Company Quality Systems.
- Establish and maintain good client relations and position the company for future business.
- Ensure that company interests are protected and minimize contract risk while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with other managers to ensure accurate information is made available to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Identify problem areas, evaluate and initiate corrective action, monitor and reschedule the project if required to accommodate internal and / or customer changes.
- Ensure the Management of Change (MOC) process is followed, identifying any changes to the Project scope of supply and negotiate variation orders for customer driven changes.
- Maintain all project related information in accordance with company internal operating policies and procedures.
- Schedule and conduct both internal and client meetings as required.
- Proficient in the use of computers and experienced in the use of all Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of / experience in the use of ERP and APS systems (ORACLE / JDE / EPICOR / MAPICS / THRU-PUT etc.)
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Preferably degree qualified in engineering, business or related field, (or 20 + years of experience in a similar field in lieu of a degree) with knowledge of business processes within a manufacturing organization.
- Advanced degree (MBA) in business or finance preferred. PMI or similar certification preferred but not essential.
- A minimum of 20 years in a Project Engineering or Project Management role essential as is proven leadership experience and the ability to plan, organize, execute and motivate colleagues to achieve safe, on-time, cost-effective delivery. Good knowledge and understanding of contracts and their terminology.
- Must have experience of working in / leading a multi supplier consortium for a complete field development covering Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Delivery, Installation, Hook up and Commissioning covering Trees, Controls, Manifolds, PLETS, PLEMS, Umbilicals and Flowlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and problem solving skills required as is the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ability to interface with multiple departments as required gathering, interpreting and reporting on cross functional activities to support Project execution.
- The ability to gather, review and disseminate multiple sources and formats of data to produce specific information for the Project.
- Capable of producing clear, concise information and report content and comfortable with presenting this to peers, customers and Senior Management as required.
Position is primarily office based but may require travel to other company facilities, customer or subcontractor offices or sites as necessary. International travel may be required as well as visits to offshore locations.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Familiar with company products and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of POC accounting rules and how they relate to a Project environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, assembly and test activities, installation and commissioning operations for oilfield production equipment essential.
- Experienced in managing complex interface requirements both internally to company and externally between multiple suppliers.
Required Competencies for Individual Contributers:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships, gaining trust and respect.
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment. Solutions and suggestions generally prove to be correct. Sought out by others for advice and solutions applicable to the field of expertise.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is consistent in delivering information. Pushes self and others for results.
- Is widely trusted. Seen as a direct and truthful individual. Can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and does not misrepresent him / herself for personal gain.
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs. Acts in line with those values. Practices what he / she preaches.
- Spends his / her time and the time of others on what is important, quickly zeros on the critical items and puts aside the trivial, can quickly sense what will help / hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks, creates focus.
Required Competencies for Managers:
- Knows how businesses work, knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business and organization.
- Provides challenges, tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept development moves; will work with those who need help and further development; works in the framework of the development system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Provides current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to problems with any person or situation quickly and directly; is not afraid to take action when necessary.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!