Design machines that dig, load and haul autonomously. Run digital simulations predicting how yet-to-be-built components will perform in the field. Use 3D printing to create parts that can be produced more sustainably. In all these ways and many more, our engineers conceptualize ideas that become real-world products in our factories—and make progress possible around the globe. We hire engineers from all disciplines, specifically seeking:
- Intelligent, hands-on problem solvers
- Good communicators who can articulate complex ideas
- Go-getters willing to get involved and take the initiative
- Innovators with a passion for new ideas and continuous improvement
Currently looking for a Sr. / Engineering professional responsible for technical leadership of the electric powertrain engineering team. The engineer in this position will be responsible for technical leadership to design, develop, and maintain the powertrain components in order to achieve requirements for performance, life/reliability, timeliness, and cost. Responsibilities may at times include detailed design engineer tasks, and technical input to support machine or parts sales. The components under the responsibility of this team include gearboxes and their associated piece-parts (housings, gears, shafts, etc.), brakes, couplings, and wire ropes. The engineer in this position will also need to stay abreast of technology development in the areas of gears, bearings, and lubricants, and communicate needs in these areas with powertrain research.
- Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership on needs analysis and initiate ideas
- Propose and guide research and development of new technology
- Evaluate and promote new products, processes, or systems
- Communicate results to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Execute projects to reduce cost, improve quality, or increase velocity for existing gear designs and current manufacturing processes
- Lead global teams in the design of new products, processes, components, and systems
- Provide technical leadership on product and process maintenance
- Provide technical input for supporting new machine sales
- Complete projects on time and on cost
- Acknowledge and raise customers’ and management’s awareness of trade-offs between time, resources and quality.
- Learn and apply machine impacts to gearbox design
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- 10+ years’ experience with design of large gears or gearboxes, or 10+ years’ experience with design of gearing or geared systems (axles or transmissions)
- Team leadership experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- 6 Sigma DMAIC and/or DMEDI leadership (Blackbelt) training
- Experience through at least one phase of a new product introduction (NPI) program
- 10+ to 15 years’ experience
- Seniority Level – Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required – No
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
The ideal candidate will have direct experience with the design and implementation of the design in production of large gears (2+ meters). The ideal candidate will have been responsible for the ownership of the design details, such as determining the gearing details (ratios and geometry sizes), analysis of gears/bearings/shafts, design of surrounding structures (shafts/bearings/structures), and the interaction with the manufacturing process.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!