This position provides leadership within organization for construction management and is primarily engaged with the execution of the construction element as part of the EPC services provided through the operating center. This position is key to implementing and supporting a strong construction management effort for all assigned activities within the construction department. This position works closely with others in the department, as well as those in other departments, using a lean mindset to plan and execute all construction and related activities.
- Directs activities, project assignments, etc. of Construction Managers.
- Remains knowledgeable of leading edge principles related to management of construction in order to assure the policies, practices, guidelines, and references are developed and maintained in optimal fashion.
- Develops a general execution guidance to support assigned company functions in issues related to Construction Management.
- Assures that all company functions are based on the appropriate and latest requirements for any legal and / or compliance related matters.
- Serves as a leader to promote company activities related to Construction Management.
- This position works closely with all stakeholders including senior management, legal, human relations, administration, and other departments to manage issues related to company construction management matters.
- With engineering regarding the technical content of each development opportunity, proposal, inquiry or contract for pre-FEED, FEED, EPC; including construction subcontracts.
- With procurement regarding coordination of configuration, sequence and deliveries for procured equipment, materials and services.
- Highly interactive with project staff and construction management personnel to develop the construction strategy and / or construction execution plan for the project.
- Directly oversee construction function / activities on a proposal or active project, with need for minimal direction.
- Travels to any domestic or international location as necessary to fulfill items listed above.
- Other duties as assigned:
- Supports efforts to identify and pre-qualify construction subcontractors.
- Supports management of subcontracts; from proposal / inquiry effort through closeout.
Required Skills Minimum Requirements
- Progressive and varied experience in EPC Construction Management functions:15 years with a related 4 year degree in construction management or related degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, or hold a valid work visa that does not require sponsorship in order to legally work full-time in the United States.
- Must have necessary job related technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to, management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to develop company Procedures, Practices, and Plans as needed to support JGC America company operations related to Construction Management.
- Ability to directly and proactively support all operations and execution in offices, projects, and sites as assigned.
Preferred Experience Minimum Requirements
- Louisiana commercial contractor’s license currently or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state / province and federal /national statutes and guidelines.
- Direct field experience with construction and related subcontracts.
- Holds or directly supports qualification for construction licenses as needed.
- Claims and change management experience related to field execution.
- Advanced management degree in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to prioritize.
Want to apply? Click HERE to submit your resume today!